What causes the hotel to use a small towel damaged
After using a small towel for a period of time, the hotel will have symptoms such as damage and graying. What is the reason for it? Let's take a look with the editor below:
Anatomy from the chemical aspect
(1) Hotel washing water requirements for small towels: PH value 6.5-7; total hardness no more than 50ppm; iron no more than 0.1mg / L; manganese no more than 0.05mg / L Calcium and magnesium in hard water are positive when washed The electric charge forms calcium and magnesium soap, deposits on the fabric and makes the white plants gray, loses luster, changes color, and seriously causes the fibers to become brittle, broken, and low in fastness.
(2) The hotel was washed with a small towel and the water was unclear, resulting in chemicals remaining in the towel fibers. Basic chemical residues. Although alkaline chemicals are safe for cotton fibers during the washing process and will not damage the fibers of the towels, unclear water will cause alkaline detergents to remain in the fibers of the towels. Hardens and the softness decreases. As we all know, hotel towels are completely different from table cloths and bed sheets. Table cloths and bed sheets are used under static conditions, while towels are used under dynamic conditions. Frequent rubbing and twisting require towels to be soft. Hard towels for any reason may reduce the fastness of the towels.
(3) Residue of chlorine bleaching agent. Chlorine bleaching agent is one of the strong oxidizing chemicals in washing. Its bleaching function allows most of the pigments on the cloth to be removed during rinsing, but it will cause some damage to the cotton fiber. When the dosage is reasonable, the temperature of pH 10.5 is controlled below 70 degrees, which is relatively safe and normal. However, when the dosage and temperature are not properly controlled, the residual chlorine bleaching agent is formed. For fabrics, there is no doubt about the damage. It is best to use oxygen bleaching to lower the damage to plants. 90% of the hotel's dirty linen does not require oxidation treatment. Hotel laundry can be washed regularly with Feng ion detergent. It can extend the service life of hotel towels, reduce linen loss and save energy consumption.
(4) Neutralizer is a chemical put in the last procedure in the normal washing process. It can neutralize the first few washing procedures and a small amount (≤10ppm) of alkaline chemicals and residual chemicals left in the cloth after watering. Chlorine bleach, and dissolve some metal ions in water. The correct dosage can adjust the PH value of the cloth between 5.5-6.5, which is basically the same as the PH value of the human body. It is safe. The fabric will still be in the normal service life, but an inappropriate amount of neutralizer is used inappropriately. , Will make the fabric slightly acidic, thereby reducing the fabric fastness.
2. Analyze from the physical aspect
(1) The hotel takes too long to wash with small towels. When the towel is washed in the washing machine, most of the time is constantly rubbing up and down, resulting in a rubbing and rubbing movement. This movement is an important factor in washing towels. Dirty towels cannot be washed only by being immersed in the washing liquid. This movement not only plays the role of washing the towels, but also wears the fibers, which reduces the fastness of the towels, so a reasonable washing time is very necessary. It can reduce unnecessary wear and tear, thus ensuring the normal washing life of towels.
(2) The speed of high dehydration during dehydration is too high (the high dehydration speed of some automatic elution machines is too fast, and the speed of the dehydration machine is too high). Excessive centrifugal force loosens the cotton fibers of the towel, just as we used excessive force when wringing the towel by hand, and loosened the woven structure. This caused looseness and damage to the central part or the entire towel.
(3) The temperature does not exceed 80 degrees during drying, and 80% dry and cold air is reduced to 40 degrees. Some dryers have a cold wind that will cause the towels to dry excessively. Because the moisture strength of cotton fiber is higher than the dry strength, over-drying will cause the towel fastness to decrease. If the towel is overheated, the fibers will become brittle and the strength of the towel will decrease significantly.